Beginning of the Year Info 2019-2020
Posted on June 28th, 2019
The following information may assist you during the first few days back for the 2019-2020 school term. There are a number of links at the bottom of this blog for you to utilize, including supply lists, school calendar and first day procedures for kindergarten and grade one students. The supply list and school calendar was sent home in the June report card for grades K - 6. Upcoming kindergarten students have had this information mailed out at the end of June.
Our school office will close on June 28th @ 4:00 PM for summer break and will be open on August 28, 29, 30, 2019 - 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM - should you require assistance.
When do I find out my child’s classroom teacher?
RES will not post the class lists on the front doors for confidentiality reasons. Instead, if you wish to know your child's teacher parents are invited to log into their Parent Portal account to find out whose class your child has been assigned to. Homeroom teacher information will be available as of September 1st. Any new students that registered online before June 26th, (new to our school) including kindergarten, will have his/her Parent Portal/RYCOR information mailed out to the address you provided. Registrations after June 26th will need to contact our school office when it opens in August. You are encouraged to set up your parent portal account with the credentials provided to you in order to find out whose class your child has been assigned to for the upcoming school term. This account - RYCOR - is used for paying student costs as well. Please note that Parent Portal information will not be shared via, email, text or through a phone call.
When are the school fees applied?
School Fees for the 2019/2020 are applied to student accounts on September 6th and are due at that time. All fees including extra-curricular (hot lunches, subway days, mini basketball, etc.) are required to be paid online through Parent Portal. Required fees must be paid prior to optional or extra-curricular purchases/events being available for purchase.
Payments will be accepted online by way of the following credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Visa Debit can be used and is treated as a credit card through CIBC, RBC, TD or ScotiaBank. MasterCard Debit can be used at the same banks as Visa Debit as well as BMO, ATB, Mountain View and Servus Credit Unions. Interac Online payments can be made through the following Canadian Banks - Scotiabank, RBC or TD Banks.
When are the first parent-teacher conferences and how do I sign up?
Parent-Teacher conferences will be held on October 2nd and 3rd (3:15 - 7:00 PM) scheduling is done all online. Kindergarten will have an extra day on October 4th - 8:45 AM - 3:00 PM. Our School Parent-Teacher conference scheduling portal will open to parents the first week of September. Please watch our school website for the link on how you set up an account to schedule your time with your child's teacher.
How do I register a new student?
- ALL New Student Registration must be done online. Documentation regarding legal name, birth date, citizenship, custody orders (if applicable) etc., must all be attached to your online application prior to your child being accepted as a student to RES and the registration process completed. Please be aware that the registration may only be completed by the child's legal parent/guardian with whom the student resides.
Rural School Bus Students - If you are unsure of which school your child should be attending please contact WCPS Transportation Services Department.
Where do I find school calendars, first day, supply lists, etc.?
- School calendar for Grades One - Six students for the 2019-2020 school term.
- Grade One first day information - September 3, 2019 -
- School calendar for Kindergarten students for the 2019-2020 school term for both classes - Mon/Wed (purple) and Tues/Thurs (yellow)
- Kindergarten first day information - Monday/Wednesday first day information - Sept 4 - Link
More information and links to assist you.
Rural School Bus Students - If you are unsure of which school your child should be attending please contact WCPS Transportation Services Department. If you have never been on a bus route please make sure that you apply immediately. Applications for busing take a few days to process.
- Please note that all fees collected at RES, including hot lunches, field trips, special events, supplemental fees, etc., are all paid through RYCOR/Parent Portal.