Rimbey Elementary School Parent Council
Rimbey Elementary School Parent Council Members:
- Chairperson - Lana Leonhardt
- Vice Chairperson - Robyn McIntyre
- Secretary - Angela Bennik
- Treasurer - Matilda Kleinsasser
- RES Staff Representatives - Jodi Bramfield, Kathleen Terry
- Wolf Creek Public School Board - Trudy Bratland
Meeting Minutes (links posted here)
- March 2021 RES Parent Council Meeting Minutes
- January 2021 RES Parent Council Meeting Minutes
- October 2020 RES Parent Council Meeting Minutes
- October 2020 RES Foundation AGM Meeting Minutes
The Rimbey Elementary School will host the Annual General Meeting and Regular first Rimbey Elementary School Council meeting together on October 5th @ 5:00 PM in the RES gymnasium, Health guidelines are in place at that time. All parents/guardians of RES students are welcome to attend any and all RES monthly school council meetings. Participants will be required to wear a mask upon entering the school and have done a COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist - Those experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms are not to attend.
Rimbey Elementary School Council Update:
Our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings for the 2020/2021 school term will be held on the following dates - please note that all of these dates are tentative and may change at any time.
October 5 @ 5 PM
November 17 @ 5 PM - Meeting cancelled
January 12 @ 5 PM - Virtual meeting
March 2 @ 5 PM - Virtual meeting
May 11 @ 5:00 PM - Virtual meeting
The dates for our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings will be posted on the school calendar each month and shared on RES social media. Everyone is Welcome to Attend!!!! AHS safety guidelines in place at all times. Participants will be required to wear a mask upon entering the school and have done a COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist - Those experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms are not to attend.
The Role of the RES Parent Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community's expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What RES Parent Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a Parent Council. Roles that are not to be taken on by a Parent Council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby
We would like to thank those who attend our meetings and encourage parents/guardians of RES students to attend our meetings.
The membership of the Parent Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in Rimbey Elementary School
- Principal of the school - member of the community.
For more information contact:
Jodi Bramfield-Principal of RES at 403.843.3751
Lana Leonhardt: Chairperson of the RES Parent Council at 403.843.6262