Executive of Parent Council:
- Chairperson - Kathleen Hull-Beagle
- Vice Chairperson - Michelle Service
- Secretary - to be recruited at a later date
- Treasurer - Matilda Kleinsasser
- RES Staff Representatives - Jodi Bramfield, Kathleen Macaulay
- Wolf Creek Public School Board - Trudy Bratland
All parents/guardians of RES students are welcome to attend all school council meetings.
Our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings for the 2021/2022 school term will be held on the following dates - please note that all of these dates are tentative and may change at any time.
January 11 @ 5 PM - Agenda
March 8 @ 5 PM - Agenda
May 10 @ 5:00 PM (last one for the school year) - Agenda
Dates for Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings will be posted on the school calendar each month and shared on social media. Everyone is Welcome to Attend! AHS safety guidelines in place at all times.
Role of Parent Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community's expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What Parent Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a Parent Council. Roles that are not to be taken on by a Parent Council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby
We would like to thank those who attend our meetings and encourage parents/guardians of RES students to attend our meetings.
Membership of Parent Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in Rimbey Elementary School
- Principal of the school - member of the community
For more information contact:
Jodi Bramfield, Principal of RES at 403.843.3751