Did you know that Alberta School Councils' Association offers FREE parent sessions? Details can be found here.
School Council Executives:
- Chairperson - Kathleen Hull-Beagle
- Vice Chairperson - Michelle Service
- Secretary - to be recruited at a later date
- Treasurer - Matilda Kleinsasser
- RES Staff Representatives - Jodi Bramfield, Kathleen Terry
- Wolf Creek Public School Board - Trudy Bratland
- May 11 2021
- Sept 14 2021 - AGM
- Oct 13 2021
- Nov 9 2021
- Jan 11 2022
- Mar 8, 2022
- May 10 2022
- Sept 20 2022
- Nov 8 2022
- Jan 10 2023
All parents/guardians of RES students are welcome to attend all school council meetings.
Our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings for the 2022-2023 school year will be held on the following dates - please note that all of these dates are tentative and may change at any time.
- March 7, 5:00 - Agenda
- May 9, 5:00
Dates for Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings will be posted on the school calendar each month and shared on social media. Everyone is Welcome to Attend! AHS safety guidelines in place at all times.
Role of School Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community's expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What School Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a Parent Council. Roles that are not to be taken on by a Parent Council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby
We would like to thank those who attend our meetings and encourage parents/guardians of RES students to attend our meetings.
Membership of Parent Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in Rimbey Elementary School
- Principal of the school - member of the community
For more information contact:
Jodi Bramfield, Principal of RES at 403.843.3751