Rimbey Elementary School Parent Council
Rimbey Elementary School Parent Council Members:
- Chairperson - Mrs. Lana Leonhardt
- Vice Chairperson - Mrs. Robyn McIntyre
- Secretary - Mrs. Angela Bennik
- Treasurer - Mrs. Michelle Service
- RES Staff Representatives - Mrs. Jodi Bramfield, Ms. Kathleen Terry
- Wolf Creek School Board - Mrs. Trudy Bratland
The Rimbey Elementary School will host the Annual General Meeting and Regular first Rimbey Elementary School Council meeting together on September 8th @ 5:00 PM in the RES Staff room, providing Health guidelines allow at that time. All parents/guardians of RES students are welcome to attend any and all RES monthly school council meetings. Please also note that we have set our annual Chili Cook off to be held at Paskapoo Park for September TBD. All parents volunteers to run this event would be most grateful. Contact any of our board members or leave your name and contact information at the school office - 403-843-3751.
Rimbey Elementary School Council Update . . .
Our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings for the 2020/2021 school term will be held once a month @ 5:00 p.m. The dates for our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings will be determined at the first meeting in September. There are no Parent Council meetings in December or June. Everyone is Welcome to Attend!!!!
RES Parent Council will be hosting our annual Chili Cook off at Paskapoo Park on TBD - 5:00 - 7:00 PM. Chili tasting to start @ 5:30 PM. There will be hamburgers and hot dogs available for sale. Mrs. Lana Leonhardt: Chairperson of the RES Parent Council at 403.843.6262. Thanks for all the volunteers and participants that make this such a successful annual event.
The Role of the RES Parent Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community's expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What RES Parent Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a Parent Council. Roles that are not to be taken on by a Parent Council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby
We would like to thank those who attend our meetings and encourage parents of RES students to attend our meetings.
The membership of the Parent Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in Rimbey Elementary School
- Principal of the school - member of the community.
For more information contact:
Mrs. Jodi Bramfield-Principal of RES at 403.843.3751
Mrs. Lana Leonhardt: Chairperson of the RES Parent Council at 403.843.6262