Rimbey Elementary School Council
Rimbey Elementary School Council Members:
- Chairperson - Mrs. Lana Leonhardt
- Vice Chairperson - Mrs. Robyn McIntyre
- Secretary - Mrs. Angela Bennik
- Treasurer - Mrs. Michelle Service
- RES Staff Representatives - Mrs. Jodi Bramfield, Ms. Kathleen Terry
- Wolf Creek School Board - Mrs. Trudy Bratland
- May 14 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Apr 9 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Mar 5 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Feb 12 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Jan 8 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Nov 6 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Oct 8 2018 Meeting Minutes
- RES Foundation AGM 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Sept 11 2018 Meeting Minutes
The Rimbey Elementary School will host the Annual General Meeting and Regular first Rimbey Elementary School Council meeting together on September 10th @ 5:00 PM in the RES Staff room. All parents/guardians of RES students are welcome to attend any and all RES monthly school council meetings. Please also note that we have set our annual Chili Cook off to be held at Paskapoo Park for September 12th. All parents volunteers to run this event would be most grateful. Contact any of our board members or leave your name and contact information at the school office - 403-843-3751.
Rimbey Elementary School Council Update . . .
Our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings for the 2019/2020 school term will be held once a month @ 5:00 p.m. The dates for our Rimbey Elementary School Council meetings will be determined at the first meeting on September 10th: September 10, October , November , December - no meeting, January , February , March , April , May (last one this term). There are no Parent Council meetings in December or June. Everyone is Welcome to Attend!!!!
RES Parent Council will be hosting our annual Chili Cook off at Paskapoo Park on Thursday, September 12th - 5:00 - 7:00 PM. Chili tasting to start @ 5:30 PM. There will be hamburgers and hot dogs available for sale. Mrs. Lana Leonhardt: Chairperson of the RES Parent Council at 403.843.6262. Thanks for all the volunteers and participants that make this such a successful annual event.
RES Parent Council will be holding our first Subway luncheon day on December TBD. Payment for this optional event will be online through the Parent Portal RYCOR (formerly ACORN). More information to follow in RES newsletters.
The Role of the RES Parent Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community's expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What RES Parent Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a Parent Council. Roles that are not to be taken on by a Parent Council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby
We would like to thank those who attend our meetings and encourage parents of RES students to attend our meetings.
The membership of the Parent Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents/Guardians of students enrolled in Rimbey Elementary School
- Principal of the school - member of the community.
For more information contact:
Mrs. Jodi Bramfield-Principal of RES at 403.843.3751 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lana Leonhardt: Chairperson of the RES Parent Council at 403.843.6262